With 50% of the workforce set to leave the Manufacturing, Installation & Maintenance industry over the next 10 years, employers need to plan how they are going to fill the skills gap they leave behind!
NVQ’s are one solution to this impending issue.
National Vocational Qualifications (NVQ’s) are work based awards, which means that the training can be completed in the workplace, minimising disruption to the working day.
Employers will benefit from:
- Improved staff performance and motivation.
- Improvements in the quality of service to customers.
- A workforce developed in the skills relevant to the business.
- Greater productivity, performance and competitiveness as the workforce will be motivated and happy, as the organisation has invested in their future skills.
- Lower staff turnover.
- A workforce who is up-to-date with the latest legislation and best practice
Employees will benefit from:
- A clearer understanding of their responsibility within their organisation.
- The opportunity to develop new skills, and accredit their knowledge. Bringing new ideas to the workforce. Whilst earning while they learn.
- One to one support from an experienced professional.
- Being highly motivated as the organisation has invested in them and their future.
- A qualification benchmarked against national performance standards of work-based, on the job learning.
Don’t forget – A business is only as good as the staff it employs and develops. That’s why companies should continue to invest in the right type of training that will equip their workforce with the right kind of skills needed to meet the demands of an increasingly competitive economy.
If you would like to discuss any possible NVQ’s for your Staff or even your organisation’s Training Matrix and Needs, contact our Employer Engagement Manager Amanda Robertshaw on 01484 711462.