As a Motor Vehicle Apprentice you will service and repair vehicles.
You will be trained in all aspects of vehicle mechanics and electronics including air conditioning, security features and engine and exhaust systems.
Duties of a Motor Vehicle Apprentice include:
- Servicing vehicles – carrying out checks and maintaining vehicles according to the manufacturers guidelines.
- Repairing and replacing faulty parts and components.
- Advising the service department and customers about required repairs.
- Producing time estimates.
- Maintaining repair and service records
The Light Vehicle Apprenticeship will be delivered in line with the New Apprenticeship Standards and are a 3 Year Apprenticeship Course.
GCSE C/4 or above (or be able to achieve these grades) in Maths and English.
A keen interest and enthusiasm for automotive vehicles and the industry as a whole should be demonstrated.
Willingness to learn and a positive attitude and strong work ethic is required.
The candidate must have good communication skills and be well presented.