As an employer you must appoint someone competent to help you meet your Health and safety duties. This must be a Competent Person who is someone with the necessary skills, knowledge and experience to manage Health and Safety.
Recently we have seen big increases in fines distributed to companies who are breaching Health and Safety law.
- Prosecution can lead to a fine of up to 10% of your turnover (not just your profit margin)
- Total fines levied in year to April 2018 >£91 million
- Many cases of more than £1 million
- Bad publicity and loss of contracts can also result
To meet Health and Safety requirements, KITS can provide your company with this Competent Person service and currently do so for numerous companies throughout England.
KITS can help you to avoid this risk through their Health and Safety Assistance Scheme:
- Professional and practical advice from industry-experienced advisors
- Cost-effective schemes to suit various organisations
- Helps you to comply with the legal requirement for access to competent health and safety advice
- Helps to reduce risk of accidents
The scheme is available to join from as little as £450 + VAT – 1 Year Scheme with one Audit (Other Schemes available).
For further information contact Graham on 01484 711 462 or alternatively via email at email@example.com
The Government have announced changes to the Co-Investment Fee for Non Levy Apprenticeship Employers.
For new Apprenticeship starts from 1 April 2019, this co-investment rate is changing. Employers who employ a learner above the age of 19 or have over 50 employees, will pay 5% towards to the cost of Apprenticeship training, and the Government will pay the rest (95%), up to the funding band maximum.
All Apprenticeships started before 1 April 2019, will continue at the current co-investment rate of 10% until completion.
If you are interested in taking on an Apprentice and want to find out more about the funding rates, have a look at https://www.kits-training.co.uk/apprenticeships/employer-info or contact our Employer Engagement Team on 01484 711462.
KITS are supporting National Apprenticeships Week 2019.
Apprenticeships are a great alternative to University and for anyone wanting a career Engineering or Motor Vehicle Mechanics, an apprenticeship can be the best way to enter the industry.
Specialising in only Engineering and Motor Vehicle – KITS are industry experts and work with hundreds of local manufacturing, engineering and automotive employers throughout the region.
Why should i do an Apprenticeship with KITS?
- earn while you learn and get paid a competitive salary.
- get high quality training in the career of your choice, paid for by your employer and the government.
- get a boost to your future earnings potential – it is widely known that Apprentices who have completed all of their training will gain higher salary increases.
- Dedicated training in the skills that Employers want.
- Good progression opportunities – research shows that Apprentices climb the ranks within companies as they have more hands-on working experience and knowledge.
So if you think an Apprenticeship could be the best route for you or if you are still unsure and you want to find out more about Engineering or Motor Vehicle Apprenticeships – contact KITS today.
You can call us on 01484 711462.
- GCSE RESULTS DAYS – WHATS YOUR NEXT STEP?22nd August 2019 - 10:26 am
- KITS LEARNERS INSPIRED BY LUKE AMBLER16th August 2019 - 1:17 pm
- WELCOME TO OUR 2019-20 ENGINEERING LEARNERS5th August 2019 - 12:11 pm
- ENROL TODAY ON THE ENGINEERING STUDY PROGRAMME – LIMITED AVAILABILITY REMAINING!16th July 2019 - 8:26 am
- ‘HAVE A GO’ Sessions – Motor Vehicle Apprenticeships17th June 2019 - 10:30 am