As an employer you must appoint someone competent to help you meet your Health and safety duties. This must be a Competent Person who is someone with the necessary skills, knowledge and experience to manage Health and Safety.
Recently we have seen big increases in fines distributed to companies who are breaching Health and Safety law.
- Prosecution can lead to a fine of up to 10% of your turnover (not just your profit margin)
- Total fines levied in year to April 2018 >£91 million
- Many cases of more than £1 million
- Bad publicity and loss of contracts can also result
To meet Health and Safety requirements, KITS can provide your company with this Competent Person service and currently do so for numerous companies throughout England.
KITS can help you to avoid this risk through their Health and Safety Assistance Scheme:
- Professional and practical advice from industry-experienced advisors
- Cost-effective schemes to suit various organisations
- Helps you to comply with the legal requirement for access to competent health and safety advice
- Helps to reduce risk of accidents
The scheme is available to join from as little as £450 + VAT – 1 Year Scheme with one Audit (Other Schemes available).
For further information contact Graham on 01484 711 462 or alternatively via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Government have announced changes to the Co-Investment Fee for Non Levy Apprenticeship Employers.
For new Apprenticeship starts from 1 April 2019, this co-investment rate is changing. Employers who employ a learner above the age of 19 or have over 50 employees, will pay 5% towards to the cost of Apprenticeship training, and the Government will pay the rest (95%), up to the funding band maximum.
All Apprenticeships started before 1 April 2019, will continue at the current co-investment rate of 10% until completion.
If you are interested in taking on an Apprentice and want to find out more about the funding rates, have a look at https://www.kits-training.co.uk/apprenticeships/employer-info or contact our Employer Engagement Team on 01484 711462.
KITS are delighted to welcome Graham Hill as our new Health, Safety and Environmental Manager.
Joining us from Nelson and Colne College, Graham is bringing his sound experience of Health and Safety within an Apprenticeships and Training background and is looking forward to working with all of KITS Apprentice Employers’ and members of the Competent Persons Scheme.
If you would like to chat with Graham or have any enquiries with regards to Health and Safety and our Competent Persons Scheme, please contact Graham on 01484 711462.
KITS are supporting National Apprenticeships Week 2019.
Apprenticeships are a great alternative to University and for anyone wanting a career Engineering or Motor Vehicle Mechanics, an apprenticeship can be the best way to enter the industry.
Specialising in only Engineering and Motor Vehicle – KITS are industry experts and work with hundreds of local manufacturing, engineering and automotive employers throughout the region.
Why should i do an Apprenticeship with KITS?
- earn while you learn and get paid a competitive salary.
- get high quality training in the career of your choice, paid for by your employer and the government.
- get a boost to your future earnings potential – it is widely known that Apprentices who have completed all of their training will gain higher salary increases.
- Dedicated training in the skills that Employers want.
- Good progression opportunities – research shows that Apprentices climb the ranks within companies as they have more hands-on working experience and knowledge.
So if you think an Apprenticeship could be the best route for you or if you are still unsure and you want to find out more about Engineering or Motor Vehicle Apprenticeships – contact KITS today.
You can call us on 01484 711462.
West Yorkshire is well-known world-wide for its Advanced Manufacturing and Precision Engineering and its Design and Manufacturing of products ranging from Textiles, Components i.e. valves, turbo-chargers, gears, food and drink products.
Products are being produced using the latest machinery and technology techniques ranging from robotics, CNC Machining and most recently 3D printing alongside traditional techniques like welding.
In West Yorkshire alone there are 5300 manufacturing businesses in West Yorkshire employing around 99,000 people. The largest number of employees are based in and around Kirklees, Bradford, Leeds, Sheffield, Rotherham and Hull.
Between 2018 and 2024 the Predicted Job Vacancies in Engineering are:
- Professionals 9000
- Associate professional and technical 10000
- Skilled metal, electrical and electronic trades 23000
- Production and process operatives 19000
Manufacturing has an older workforce, with large numbers due to retire in the next decade – making far more opportunities for new entrants and apprentices. It is expected there will around 19,000 vacancies, to replace those who retire.
Apprenticeships are the main route into the Engineering and Manufacturing industry, and you can do this on an Intermediate or Advanced Level Apprenticeship.
If you are an Engineering Employer and are looking to recruit new Apprentices or if you are interested in becoming an Apprentices and joining the Engineering Industry in West Yorkshire – contact the Employer Engagement Team today on 01484 711462.
The 18th Edition of the IET Wiring Regulations officially launched on 2 July 2018 and are updated Standards in line with all the technological advances upon us, including updated technical data and also includes a new appendix on Energy Efficiency, all of which making new installations safe and compliant.
The guidance recommended that all Electricians, Electrical Contractors and Electrical Engineers undertake the training within 6 months of the launch. From 1st January 2019 it is a requirement that all Electrical Installations designed from this date must comply with BS 7671:2018, 18th Edition (2018).
So, have you completed your training? If not, KITS have regular 18th Edition Courses available to book.
The 4 day course including the two hour City and Guilds 2382 External Multiple Choice Exam will give you the best understanding and training of the latest requirements of the updated regulations.
To book your place, contact our Admin Team on 01484 711462.
Engineer Your Future!!
KITS hold regular Open Evenings for the Engineering and Motor Vehicle Courses and Apprenticeships on offer.
The next Open Evenings will run on:
- Thursday 7 February 2019 from 4.30pm to 6.30pm
- Thursday 7 March 2019 from 4.30pm to 6.30pm
- Thursday 4 April 2019 from 4.30pm to 6.30pm
- Thursday 25th April 2019 from 4.30pm to 6.30pm
At these events you can have a look around the Skills Training Centre, Engineering and Motor Vehicle Workshops, talk to our Tutors and Advisors and find out all you need to know about the courses and apprenticeships.
If you require any further information please contact the Employer Engagement Team on 01484 711462.
Happy New Year to all of KITS learners and customers. We hope you have a very prosperous and successful year ahead.
If you are looking to recruit an Engineering or Motor Vehicle Apprentice – contact the Employer Engagement Team on 01484 711462.
If you have any training, upskilling or short course needs – contact our Admin Team on 01484 711462.
- SPECIAL OFFER – NEBOSH16th May 2019 - 9:58 am
- COUNTDOWN TO GCSE’S8th May 2019 - 2:07 pm
- HEALTH AND SAFETY ASSISTANCE FROM KITS15th April 2019 - 8:55 am
- Changes to the Apprenticeship Co-Investment Fee29th March 2019 - 3:09 pm
- KITS welcomes a new Health, Safety and Environmental Manager22nd March 2019 - 8:33 am