August 12 @ 8:00 am - August 15 @ 5:00 pm
VENUE – KITS Training Centre
DURATION: 4 Days
The course aims to provide delegates with the knowledge and skills needed to reach the required level of competence in basic electrical principles. Emphasis is placed on the requirement to work safely on dead circuits at all times. Use of test instruments to determine equipment faults is covered. The course is aimed towards industrial electrical maintenance and fault rectification.
On completion of the course delegates will have:
• The knowledge to work safely on electrical equipment.
• Lock off, tag and prove dead.
• Recognise and use different types of components.
• Understand the basic principles of electricity and functioning of components
• Read and work from circuit diagrams.
• Use measuring and test equipment.
• Electrical safety – safe isolation.
• Principles of electricity – Ohm’s Law and networks.
• Heating effect, magnetic effects.
• Protective devices.
• AC (single and 3 phase).
• Practical use of multimeter and insulation resistance test meter.
• Principle of relay and transformer.
• Practical circuit construction.
• Basic motor control systems and equipment.
• Basic motor construction and operation.
A certificate of attendance for the delegate will be awarded on completion of this course.