VENUE – KITS / In Company
DURATION – 1/2 Day
The Basic Life Support Course addresses the most common emergencies that a first aider may face. Designed for anyone who wishes to learn first aid and the course meets the latest guidelines from the UK resuscitation council – covering the practical elements of First Aid.
Basic Life Support training creates the platform to learn a wealth of skills in a short space of time. Candidates will be taught practical skills used globally to save lives.
A friendly instructor will be on hand to teach a range of skills in a step by step format, and then allow sufficient time for candidates to practice themselves. This creates a high level of confidence by the conclusion of the training.
- The role of the rescuer
- Situational and environment assessment
- How to act in an emergency
- Cardio-pulmonary-resuscitation (CPR)
- Use of Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Dealing with an unconscious casualty
- The conscious casualty
- The recovery position
- Dealing with a choking casualty
AT THE END OF THIS COURSE PARTICIPANTS SHOULD BE ABLE TO DEMONSTRATE:
- How to conduct a scene assessment
- How to conduct a primary survey
- How to assess the collapsed victim
- How to perform chest compression and rescue breathing (CPR)
- How to operate an automated external defibrillator safely
- How to place an unconscious breathing victim in the recovery position