November 26 @ 9:00 am - November 30 @ 3:45 pm
DURATION: 5 Days
This is an introductory course covering Ladder Diagram programming and PLC basics. The course is for beginners, an integral part of the Certified EAL Level 3 NVQ.
The course introduces you to the basics of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) and teaches the techniques of writing programs to deal with a wide range of practical problems. You will gain the essential techniques of Ladder Diagram programming through a number of designed practical exercises and projects.
• Recognise hardware and competently replace modules.
• Operate the software to perform specific tasks.
• Understand basic instruction set and make minor modifications to software.
• Backup and restore a PLC program.
• Perform basic system diagnostics.
• Use manufacturers and/or distributors literature to select a suitable PLC for a given specified system.
• Convert numbers between any of the number bases regularly used by PLC systems.
• Connect correctly, typical examples of input and output devices to a PLC.
Once the five day Intermediate course has been completed delegates can apply to attend the second week of the 10 day Advanced course and sit the exam.