MIG Welding (Metal Inert Gas)
June 13 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
VENUE: KITS Training Centre
DURATION: 1 Day
The course aims to provide delegates with the knowledge and skill required to use M.I.G. welding equipment to SEMTA Standards.
On completion of the course delegates will have:
1. Selected the equipment and prepared it ready for use.
2. Welded various types of joints and thicknesses of material.
3. Studied weld defects, their causes and possible rectification.
The course programme covers the following topics:
• Safe working practices.
• Welding equipment and correct set-up.
• Selecting appropriate diameter wire for job.
• Relationship between voltage and wire fee.
• Different transfers of weld metal.
• Clearing ‘burn-backs’.
• Identifying weld defects and their causes.
• Correct welding procedure.
• Welding various joints in flat, H.V. and vertical position.
• Welding varying thicknesses of metal and altering conditions to suit.