TIG Welding (Tungsten Inert Gas)
February 21 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
VENUE: KITS Training Centre
DURATION: 1 Day
The Course aims to provide delegates with the knowledge and skill required to use T.I.G. Welding equipment to SEMTA Standards.
On completion of the course, delegates will have:
1. Prepared the equipment ready for use.
2. Selected the correct electrode and filler wire for the job.
3. Welded various types of joints and thicknesses of material.
4. Diagnosed faults.
• Safe working practices.
• Welding equipment and correct set-up.
• Difference between A.C. and D.C. welding.
• Selecting electrode type.
• Different methods for starting the arc.
• Correct welding procedure.
• Welding various joints in flat, H.V. and vertical position.
• Welding varying thicknesses of metal.
• Weld symbols and joints.