July 15 @ 8:00 am - July 19 @ 5:00 pm
VENUE: KITS Training Centre
DURATION: 5 Days
The course aims to provide delegates with the knowledge and skill needed to reach the required level of competence in basic Milling to EAL Standards.
On completion of the course delegates will have:
1. The knowledge to work safely and effectively on a Milling machine.
2. Recognise and use the different types of Milling machine available.
3. Mount the various types of cutters correctly.
4. The ability to Mill flat and square and produce the correct finish required.
5. The ability to machine slots to the required tolerance.
6. The ability to read measuring equipment correctly.
7. The ability to select the correct speeds and feeds.
The course programme covers aspects of the following topic:
• Health and Safety.
• Selection of the correct machine for the job.
• Clocking up vice using dial test indicator.
• Selecting workholding methods, mounting work and work holding devices.
• Practice in mounting and positioning workpiece to cutter.
• Practice in machining workpieces on vertical Milling machines.
• Correctly de-burring a machined workpiece