VENUE – KITS / In Company
DURATION – 1/2 Day
This qualification is designed for those who use substances hazardous to health at work. It introduces candidates to substances, the risks and controls available, and outlines what to expect from a control of substances hazardous to health (COSHH) assessment. The qualification will prepare employees to contribute to the safer use of hazardous substances in their workplaces.
- Introduction to Hazards of Substances
- Risk and Controls Available
- What to expect from a COSHH Assessment
- How to examine the safer handling and use of such substances in the workplace.
- Defines types of substances
- Health effects and their causes
- COSHH Assessment and Control options
- Duties under the COSHH REGS 1999
The course concludes with a multi choice examination leading to a formal certificate in workplace safety.