VENUE: KITS Training Centre
DURATION: 1 Day
The Course aims to provide delegates with the knowledge and skill required to use Manual Metal Arc Welding equipment to SEMTA Standards.
On completion of the course, delegates will have:
1. Prepared the equipment ready for use.
2. Selected correct electrode for the job.
3. Welded various types of joints and thicknesses of material.
4. Studied weld defects, their causes and possible rectification.
The Course Programme covers the following topics:
• Safe working practices.
• Welding equipment types and uses.
• Electrode types, classification and uses.
• Principles of Arc Welding.
• Weld imperfections and why.
• Striking and holding the Arc.
• Depositing a straight run in flat position.
• Welding various joints in flat, H.V. and vertical position.
• Welding varying thicknesses of metal.