VENUE: KITS Training Centre
DURATION: 5 Days
The course aims to provide delegates with the skills required to operate a Centre lathe, mount tools, work-holding devices and turn components having parallel, stepped, tapered, knurled & threaded, diameters, drilled, reamed, bored and threaded holes.
On completion of the course, delegates will have:
1. Applied safe working practices.
2. Selected a machine tool appropriate to the operation to be carried out, and safely operate the machine controls.
3. Mounted chucks and set and secured workpieces.
4. Set-up and mounted workpieces between centres.
5. Selected and mounted cutting tools drills and reamers.
6. Selected and set speeds and feeds.
7. Cut threads using machine taps and split button dies.
8. Produced components having parallel, stepped, tapered and knurled diameters, drilled, reamed and bored holes.